Tuesday, October 2

Well it’s been a roller coaster of a ride the last few days, what with checking out of the campsite and out of the blue finding an apartment, starting my language course and trying to keep my eyes off the stunning bank manager I have. 

"But my tents that way"
When the appointment was made to see Jennifer Fauve at Credit Lyonnais I envisaged a haggard old woman with glasses, on a beady string, hanging down and a Gaulois hanging from one side of her bouche. Well imagine my surprise when a Liz Hurley look alike invites me in to her office.

I didn’t listen too much she was saying just signed a few papers and voila a French bank account.

"You see Mr Sprackling, this shell represents a current account and this one a savings account"

That same day I stumbled across a flat for sale, I called and asked if he wanted to rent it and within three hours I had the keys in my hand.

I dismantled HQ and a little sorry to leave. The mosquitoes gave me a big send off by biting my ankles when I went for a number 1’s in the middle of the night

Cristine was ready for the haul into Nice and up the steep hill to the apartment no worries.

I turned up at the classroom and in walks another teacher Florence.  I envisaged a haggard old woman with glasses, on a beady string, hanging down and a Gaulois hanging from one side of her bouche. Wrong again in walks another Liz Hurley look-a-alike. 

My old French teacher didn’t look like that at school I thought. Needless to say I didn’t learn much.  I will be bringing an apple to Thursday’s class obviously.

"Non,non,non, Je suis, tu es....."


No comments:

Post a Comment