Sunday, September 23



I decided to stay on another night here in Camping Gabriel and Corrine was again happy to take my grubby €10 off me. Whilst adhering to my administrative duties I did have a couple of glasses of Rosé, chilled naturellement, from the wine box in Corrine’s fridge. At €2.20 a pop for a small glass I realised I could have bought a bottle for the price of two glasses and still have change for a baguette.

I immediately stopped drinking Rosé and jumped into Cristine and headed off to the nearest Intermarche. My plan worked as I found a bottle of vin rouge for €3 but wait there’s more, this wine Chateau du Petit Lac 2010, won gold medal in the prestigious Concourse de Bordeaux 2011!!

"Who put pears and grapes in my basket" I exclaimed at Intermarche
Fait acomplis I got back to the campsite and cracked it open and yes it was great. “Au revoir bier, bien venue le vin” I thought to myself as I got stuck into another glass of Chateau du Petit Lac.

After supper I took a stroll around the campsite and noticed that the electric neon mosquito killer was not, as first thought, the personal property of a clued up Frenchman but in fact was erected by the owners of the campsite. It was industrial sized mosquito killer and was in the middle of the campsite. Tzzzzzz…..tzzzzzzz…..tzzzzzzz it was going. Working hard for the good of all the campers.

Corrine on her way to start up the mosquito killer


I retired to my boudoir and listened. Not a sound. The absence of nocturnal activity both from inside the campsite and outside was quite a contrast to the cacophony I have been used to.  A leaf did fall on my tent in the night but I realised not to make the same mistake as before.

“Huh” I murmured to myself

“Is that all you’ve got…..I’ve was attacked by a jabberwocky in the last campsite don’t you know”

"Sshhhhhhh keep quiet and stay back a bit"....."Sorry"

No comments:

Post a Comment