Thursday, June 21

Its overcast and a blessed relief from the sweltering heat of the last week. Ikeas trip for new flip flops was cancelled as I realised there was touch rugby in the park. Unfortunately when I got there it had been decided that it was going to be more like a proper training session. When the talking, sorry I meant tackling, started I decided, unsurprisingly, to bow out and head back home.

Touch rugby took on a new twist


I did have time to take the old cassette deck to the menders down the road. I felt somewhat embarrassed as I walked down the road with this ancient cassette/radio player under my arm which should have been going straight in the bin.

I walked into the shop and placed it on the counter ….

“Can you put a new rubber band on this” I said, not meaning to hold it together but to make the little wheels turn round inside. I wonder if he realised what I meant?

He looked at it, turned it over, what has he bought this in for?

“Let’s see if we can open it up” he said

There were screws missing he pointed out and he went on to add that someone had had a go at mending it, and he would have to dismantle the whole thing.

“Oh just throw it away” I said as I couldn’t stand it any longer.

He agreed so it looks like singing for me in the car, well that’s going to better than the Spanish radio stations anyway. (ed…says who)




No comments:

Post a Comment