Sunday, June 3


I decided to take the car back to the car park to continue to work on the spark plugs and the interior which needs a little TLC. As I got in the car I noticed the rear view mirror was on the floor. It had been glued onto the windscreen and had somehow come loose in the middle of the night. Oh well there is another thing on the list.

I spent most of the morning cleaning the spark plugs, again, and taking out the unnecessary centre consol. I also made a make shift holder-upper (technical term) for the exhaust pipe from a couple of cable ties. I hope they are heat resistant, only time will tell. After a quick inspection of the spark plugs, I have come to the conclusion that in my eagerness to change the oil, I put too much oil in and therefore blew the O-rings and the head gasket a bit hence the rough ride. My learning curve on motors is like the north face of the Eiger.

"Thats the mirror fixed...hello who's that?"
 I looked on the internet to find out how to detect which spark plug is misfiring and hence the three legged donkey effect and it was a simple test.

Start you engine then one by one unplug the spark plugs and if the engine noise stays the same then that must be the defective spark plug. If the engine cuts out then it’s not that spark plug.
I did as they said, started the engine and unplugged spark plug Nº 1…the engine sound didn’t change at all and it kept on ticking over…so that was it then, spark plug Nº1 was the problem. 

I plugged it back in and yup the engine noise didn’t change at all. I thought I would check the rest so I pulled out Nº2 and …..The engine noise didn’t change at all either. I replaced Nº2 and did the same for spark plugs 3 and 4 and the same thing again. Nothing changed and it didn’t cut out. 

So therefore all the spark plugs must not be working!!!!!

Great.

I am therefore satisfied that there is absolutely nothing more I can do so I am planning a trip next week to test it all out. 

Well that all seems pretty straight forward


I headed into town to watch the footy and there was an English stag party in the bar. All were well behaved and smartly dressed except one bloke who was obviously way ahead of everyone else and just laughed loudly for an hour and a half. I didn’t think the England performance was that funny. I bet he didn’t last until 2am.

No comments:

Post a Comment